When most people consider starting an online membership site, the first thing they think of is a paid site. They forget about or don’t realize that they can make great money with a free membership site.
In this article, we’re going to cover three great ways to make money from a free membership site. But first, how can you develop a membership site and invest all that time when it doesn’t bring in immediate income?
You can create what’s called an “Automatic Content” site that provides weekly lessons to members via autoresponder.
These membership sites are very easy to build and once they’re completed it runs on autopilot. All you have to do is promote it.
For example, you can create a 4, 8 or 12-week training course solving a key problem of your target market. Once a week your autoresponder will send out the lesson automatically. There is a great value to the member because they know what to expect. And you don’t have to worry about creating additional content on the backend.
In order for you to make money with a membership websites, here are some steps you can take:
● Instead of marketing your content as a course or something of minimal value, promote it as a unique, highly valued membership site. Something that a person interested would expect to pay a nice monthly fee for. But since it’s free and presented as a membership site your conversions will go through the roof.
Then you’ll be able to profit from your free membership site several different ways. But these three are the best:
1. Build Your List – You’ve heard it so often it probably makes you sick, “The money is in the list.” The reason you
hear it so often is because it’s true! Statistics prove that for every person on your email list you can expect $.50 –
$1.00 in revenue per month. Granted there are several factors that play into this, but if you send consistent messages with valuable content, you can expect that number to be closer to the $1.00 range.
2. Affiliate Marketing – While you’re already building your list, you can now market quality affiliate products and
programs to your list. Once you’ve built value, this is taken care of by your free membership site; your list will trust you when you recommend affiliate products.
3. Sell Your Own Products – Finally, you can, of course, sell your list your products. Why is this last on the list? My
experience shows that most people don’t want to start out creating products. It takes too long, and some people perceive that it’s difficult to do. So the easiest and fastest way to make money online is by promoting other’s people’s
products. However, at some point, you’ll want to create your own products because your profit margins will be so
● Keep posting contents on a regular basis as long as possible.
As you can see starting your free membership site can be very lucrative and beneficial.
How much money can I make from a membership site?
It really depends on how many subscribers you have and how you monetize them. With a loyal following of several hundred members, you can quite easily achieve an income of $100 a day or more.